Thursday, June 11, 2009

Storage

I have had a problem with food storage from the beginning. I don't like canned vegetables, I don't want to eat all of my meat from a can, how do I get to enjoy potatoes? The list goes on. Then it hit me. It should have been clear but my view finally shifted in my head. Three month supplies are supposed to be of food we EAT. I don't EAT canned crap. Unless I can mix it with other stuff. However, I do eat frozen crap . . .I mean food. Anyhow, I usually freeze most of my meat anyway, why not just get three months worth. So we waited for our Tax Return and we set out to buy a freezer. At first we thought we'd want a smaller one, but then my oh so wise husband and also sister convinced me otherwise. GO BIG OR GO HOME. Or just go as big as you can afford and have space for. So this is what we got:



Kenmore 8.8 cu. ft. Chest from SEARS

We got it on sale for $263.99 + tax

One of the best things we ever purchased. This is why I now have a 30 day supply. It's now full of bacon, butter, chicken, hamburger, roasts, peas, corn, spinach, potatoes, fish, ham and chocolate chips.

Originally I wanted a freezer so I could make homemade wheat bread and freeze it. I no longer have room. If you want to do that you might want to upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me about it